Monday, April 12, 2010

Blog for this week -- Free write about your final project/ portfolio. How are you doing? Do you have any specific questions about either project? Please give me an update on your project.

I feel as though my final project is coming along little by little. The thing that helped me out the most was creating the lesson plan and getting feedback on it. I think that I had the main idea of the lesson plan correct, it is just some little things I need to focus on in creating my 2nd lesson plan for the final project. Some of the things that I need to focus on in creating the 2nd lesson plan would be to focus more on content rather than trying to have the whole lesson revolved around the technology. I need to use the technology as a tool rather than the main purpose of the lesson. This is important because it is not a class for technology, it is a History class that is using technology as a tool to better understand a certain lesson. I think that the easiest way to assess the students in their understanding of the lesson would be to create a rubric for the students that has a large portion based on content and a smaller portion of the rubric based on if their hit certain guidelines in creating their presentations. The question I have is besides the presentation that we need to make to the class, and the two lesson plans along with the narrative due the final day of class, is there anything else due for this project?

The portfolio project is something that I really need to focus on for the next few weeks. I think that once I get all of my assignments organized and categorized, the project will get done pretty quickly. I think that the toughest part is understanding what all of the categories mean and which assignments we have done as a class fall under these categories. I also need to work on creating a paragraph for each of the categories that explains what is encompassed under the specific standard, and how the attached assignments reflect the standard. The starting point is creating the paragraph and then seeing how each of the specific projects that we did in class relate to the standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment